Monday, November 30, 2009

Bathroom remodeling....and autism?

One of the things I am MOST thankful for is that Luke is potty trained. Something that so many parents take for granted is an amazing, unholy challenge for parents of autistic kids. What with the communication barrier and all. I mean really, how do you potty train a child that struggles to communicate? But I digress, this is supposed to be a post that makes you laugh.

So Luke is potty trained and that's a good thing. He still wears a pull up at night, which ~ as far as I am concerned he can wear one at night until he's 35 because he's a rock star during his awake hours and that's all I ask for.

Such a rock star in fact..............

that during our long weekend, we decided to do a mini re-model of our master bathroom. Part of that is tiling the floor which means that the toilet had to come out.

Which means that the toilet is sitting in the middle of my bedroom floor.

Do I even need to finish this story?

Heck, I'm still impressed as all get out that Luke ran to Jeff and said, "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaad, the toilet won't flush!!!!!!!!!!!!!"



With the fearful strain that is on me night and day, if I did not laugh I should die.
~Abraham Lincoln


3 comments:

Tara said...

that is hysterical!

Michelle said...

Haa I love it!!

C.J. Redwine said...

Oh, lol!!

Post a Comment